Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thanks guys!


Thanks to everyone who left comments on my Sunday post about the marathon, and everyone who has ever given me support in the past and still continues to do so. You guys rock! I feel much better knowing that I have your support.

Yesterday, I decided that I was going for a run. I stretched really well and wore my old running shoes, because they're more comfortable for me. I started walking for about 0.25 miles, and then I started running. It was awesome! It reminded me of how much I love running. Of course, it wasn't so awesome when I passed the dead possum and almost tripped over some rocks in the dark. But I kept going, all the way down Hausman, down University Heights, down Silicon, and up Dezavala to the Wal-Mart entrance. And then I ran back. And then I ran around my neighborhood some. I could feel my muscles getting tired, but I stopped frequently to walk and stretch it out. And I made it 7.2 miles in 80 minutes! That's pretty good for me, because I'm a slow runner. But it doesn't matter how fast I run, as long as I finish the half-marathon.

Since the half-marathon is 13.1 miles, I feel pretty good about doing more than half of that last night. I think I'm ready!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Cute pic - love that dress.

Dead possum, oh dear. That's dedication! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin