Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Flip Burger Boutique in Atlanta

When John and I decided to go to Atlanta during the Christmas break, I knew one of our stops would have to be Flip Burger Boutique. The chef there is none other than Top Chef Season 4's gastronomy-loving, faux-hawked Richard Blaise.

We went there on a Wednesday for a late lunch. They don't accept reservations and it's a small place, so we were told we had a 45 minute wait. We drove 30 minutes to get there, so we waited. It gave us a chance to people watch and study the menu. The burgers are on the smallish side, so we had to choose carefully. There are a lot of intriguing things on the menu: a kobe burger, a foie gras milkshake, sweetbread nuggets. There was so much to choose from. There was a korean bbq burger with kimchee ketchup that I was this close to getting.

Ultimately, I settled on the ossobucco burger with french fries and a Nutella milkshake. They were totally worth the wait. The burger was juicy and flavorful and the milkshake had burnt marshmallows in it! It seems like all the burgers have something different about them. My burger had fried onions on it, and braised ketchup.

Christina got the same burger as I did, but with potato salad.

John got the venison burger and jalapeno slaw with a spicy chocolate mole shake. His burger was good, but not as good as mine. The slaw was delicious and not too spicy. We saw someone send their spicy mole shake back while we were waiting, claiming it was too spicy. But I thought this shake wasn't spicy at all. It tasted like a mild mole to me.

Success! I love a good burger, and these were some great burgers. And I'm always glad when other people enjoy our culinary adventures. I know not everyone loves trying weird and different foods as much as John and I do, but it's always good when they like it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin