Writing for this blog, I mean. Writing for work, no problem. Writing when I have a clear goal and a purpose, where someone gives me the task, no problem. But writing here, when I have to come up with the topic, well, that's gotten hard for me. I don't know if it's because there's a lot of other things going on in my personal and professional life, but this blog has gotten tossed by the wayside.
Not that I have a lack of things to talk about. Things that have happened recently, that I haven't blogged about:
- John left town for a week, during which I realized that I can subsist on cheese and crackers, I can watch bad reality TV for hours, and I suck at living alone
- I had a glass of sangria made with liquid nitrogen
- I had to get a crown, about which I am both angry and ashamed
- I went to the Social Media Breakfast and Business Media PR meeting (BMPR)
- I had a really depressing experience and realized that all things in life have a mourning period
Why haven't I told you about them? Back in November, during NaBloPoMo, I was craving anything to talk about. I rambled endlessly about my life and its minutiae. Have I lost that? Have I forgotten how to talk to you, readers?
Or am I just tired, and can't seem to find the energy and motivation to sit down and talk to you? Or am I more cautious about what I write? Maybe I only want to write about the restaurants I go to, because I don't want to open myself up too much.
I don't really know the answer to these questions. I just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten this blog, that I do want to write, I just can't seem to muster up the will to do it.
So instead of talking to you about all of those things, all the things I've been doing and realizing lately, I talk to you about how I can't talk to you.
Look at that. How meta.