Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

How I Don't Spend Money

I've been buying things a lot less these days. And by things, I mean clothes. I really like buying clothes, especially since I've lost weight. And since I lost weight, most of my clothes are big on me, which makes me want to buy new clothes EVEN MORE.

It's been struggle to NOT buy clothes. Here's how I do it.
-Try things on. It sounds crazy and counter-intuitive but it sometimes works. Like this dress up here, I loved it on the hanger. It looks so cute and it's all of my favorite colors! But then I tried it on. It's too long on me (mid-calf), which, as a short girl, makes me look even shorter. I didn't like that it was so full-skirted. I think this makes me look pregnant. My friend Amanda said I was crazy, but I knew that if I bought it I would never wear it.

-Don't go shopping altogether. This is probably the best way to not buy stuff I don't need. If you don't see it, you can't buy it.

-But if you do go shopping, don't go with friends.
The dress I bought? Bought it when I was shopping with a friend. Friends can help you stay on task, but they can also tell you how awesome things look on you.

-Don't go to Target. I love Target. LOVE. I could wander around there for hours. Instead, when I need something, I'll go to Wal-Mart, which is closer to my house. I hate Wal-Mart, so I don't linger there. I get what I need and then leave.

2 comments:

Melita said...

i so agree on the shopping with friends. i spend way too much money when a friend goes with me. and they say peer pressure doesn't work!!! also, i avoid target like the plague for the same reasons as you. i could browse for hours and i always come out with more than i had on my list, always. it's a major hit to the wallet when i go to target. i also loathe and detest walmart so when i go there, i'm in and i'm out!! no browsing, no extra spending. i'm with you girl!!

Lauren said...

i know what you mean! i love my friends, but they are very bad influences.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin