Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Running and stuff

In response to my post about my morning, some people have asked what time I go to bed if I wake up at 5:30 am to go running. That usually depends, but it's always before 11. This morning I woke up at 5:20 am, and last night I went to bed at 10:30.

It's not an easy thing to do. I ran in the morning Wednesday, Thursday and Friday last week. It all caught up to me on Friday. I took a one-hour nap and then also slept for nine and a half hours on Friday night. Getting up early + exercise makes me very sleepy indeed.

But I like to do it. I take a cardio class two times a week, so on the days I don't, I like to run. Now that it's over 100 degrees here, the only time I can run when it's not hot is before I go to work. I like knowing that I'm done working out for the day after that.

I've been running 5 miles when I go for a run, and when I tell people that, they ask me, "How do you run 5 miles?" Well, here's how I do it: I run 2.5 miles away from my house. And then I run back.

IN OTHER NEWS:
Hmm, I don't really have other news. It's dinner club tonight! Have I talked about dinner club before? I will in another post.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Lauren, I can't wait for dinner club tonight. Yum!

Melita said...

i figured it was around that time frame. i'm a sleeper so if i was to get up at the crack of dawn i'd probably be in bed by 9 lol. thanks for sharing a little slice of your day with us.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin