Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

How's the running going, Lauren?

Not bad, I reply. Sure, my knee is a little wonky, particularly when I go down the stairs. And my new running shoes blister the inside of the bottom of my feet something awful, but the blister on blister on blister thing is finally forming into a callous. Plus, thanks to the cooler weather, I've been running faster. I can usually get 5 miles in less than an hour now. I'm down to a 10-11 minute mile, depending on the day and how I'm feeling. I definitely need to buy some new music to listen to.

The Rock n Roll Marathon is on Sunday, November 15. Which means I have 3.5 weeks left. It's coming up fast. I haven't attempted 10 miles since I last blogged about it, but I've been doing at least 5 miles every time I run, so I'm feeling pretty good about it all. I'll be OK.

If you're in South Texas, the marathon is gonna be pretty fun. It might be too late to register now, but there are lots of bands to see and cheering sections and a huge concert featuring Los Lonely Boys at the finish. Plus, I get a beer at the finish line! And a medal

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin