One of my favorite bloggers, Simple Lovely, went on a spending hiatus lately, and I liked reading her struggles with it, how she got through it, what she did instead of spending money. I'd like to pay off all my credit card debt and save more money. And I also just want to see if I could do this.
So, as of May 1, I'm going on a three month spending hiatus, through the end of July. I'm not going to spend money on anything non-essential.
Things I will not be buying until August:
- Summer dresses (this will be hard, because I don't have any really casual ones)
- Shirts (not even the cheap ones at Old Navy)
- Pants (I actually need new work pants, because the old ones don't fit me anymore)
- Hair accessories
- Cards (unless it's for a birthday, holiday, thank you note, although I will try to use blank cards if I have them)
- Music (when my iTunes gift card runs out)
Wallet, I will see you in August!