Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spending Hiatus

I originally started this blog at the nudging of my friend Kate. I recently bought some clothes at Anthropologie and we were talking about what to keep and what to return. This led me to say something I've been telling myself for awhile: "I should go on a spending hiatus."

One of my favorite bloggers, Simple Lovely, went on a spending hiatus lately, and I liked reading her struggles with it, how she got through it, what she did instead of spending money. I'd like to pay off all my credit card debt and save more money. And I also just want to see if I could do this.

So, as of May 1, I'm going on a three month spending hiatus, through the end of July. I'm not going to spend money on anything non-essential.

Things I will not be buying until August:
  • Summer dresses (this will be hard, because I don't have any really casual ones)
  • Shirts (not even the cheap ones at Old Navy)
  • Pants (I actually need new work pants, because the old ones don't fit me anymore)
  • Jewelry
  • Hair accessories
  • Cards (unless it's for a birthday, holiday, thank you note, although I will try to use blank cards if I have them)
  • Music (when my iTunes gift card runs out)

Wallet, I will see you in August!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin