Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Don't be scared, everyone. It won't bite.


I've heard you out there. You say it's stupid, it's just people talking about what they had for lunch. You don't understand what you could possibly say with only 140 characters. You don't get how you would spend any time on it. You hate it. You refuse to look at it.

You're a Twitter hater.

I'm not talking about the people that simply don't understand - I'm talking about the vehement ones, the ones that won't even look. The ones that have never actually gone to twitter.com, but claim to know exactly what it's about.

A pox on you.

If you're not on twitter, you're missing Shit My Dad Says. It's a 28-year-old man living with his 73-year-old father. His father? Is hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

And you're missing it, you hater.

1 comment:

Kate said...

For reals, that guy is the awesomest Twitter-er (is that correct?) I have ever read. If all Twitter was interesting and engaging like that, I would be an addict. I think the issue with Twitter (not to be a Twitter hater or anything) is that so many people use it as a self-absorbed tool to boost their own ego and make themselves feel important (similar to some people's lack of self restraint on Facebook). Since Twitter is a tool of the masses, there is no quality control. No one sets the standards, therefore many people don't operate with any. I don't care what a friend ate for dinner, I don't care if an acquaintance of mine is tired from mowing the lawn, or if a fellow alumni loves to watch Mad Men. But I do care if any of those people post something that is engaging, thought provoking, inspiration, or down right creative. Then it is worth it, and Twitter becomes totally worthwhile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin